ELC20-NCE18: The Winners Circle
November 3 @ 9:15 am CDT
2018 Balint Orban Memorial Program Winner – Basic Science
Katherine L. Roll
2018 Balint Orban Memorial Program Winner – Clinical Science
2018 Research Forum Poster Competition Winner – Basic Science
Preston S. Alfred
2018 Research Forum Poster Competition Winner – Clinical Impact
Soma Esmailian Lari
2018 Research Forum Poster Competition Winner – Clinical Science
Investigations in the science of periodontology inform the next generation of clinical decisions and laboratory exploration. Promising findings in research explorations in turn help inspire innovations for clinical applications. This course will highlight some of the recent award-winning investigations, providing a sneak peek into future directions for discovery and development.
- Grasp emerging evidence on how specialized pro-resolving lipid mediators (SPM’s) function to treat periodontal disease and promote regeneration.
- Comprehend the effects of hyperglycemia on alveolar bone and clinical considerations for treatment planning a diabetic patient for implant therapy.
- Understand neurophysiology of bone homeostasis and regeneration, identify neurophysiological risk factors for periodontal/peri-implant disease, and discuss management strategies for patients with confounding systemic diseases.
- Consider the role of the CXCR3-antagonist, AMG-487, in periodontitis.
- Compare clinical success of single-tooth implants and traditional endodontic therapies in a University setting.