GS2: The Robert J. Genco Perio-Systemic General Session with Presidential Address
November 1 @ 10:45 am - 1:15 pm
Alan C. Moses
Thomas E. Van Dyke
Robert J. Genco Symposium Session 1: Diabetes Mellitus: History Informs the Future
Speaker: Alan C. Moses
Description: This presentation will provide an overview of the individual and societal impact of diabetes mellitus and will focus on recent and future advances in therapy that have the potential to dramatically change patient outcomes. Key to intervention is early identification of diabetes or risk for diabetes.
- Benefit from the diversity of clinical presentation and course of both Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes
- Gain key insights into the potential to change the natural history of diabetes through innovative therapies addressing both glucose and endpoints beyond glucose control
Robert J. Genco Symposium Session 2: Periodontal Disease and Diabetes
Speaker: Thomas E. Van Dyke
Description: This presentation will provide data for the mechanistic and clinical relationship between diabetes and periodontitis. The impact of periodontal and systemic inflammation, dysbiosis of the oral and gut microbiome and the clinical impact of periodontitis on the management of diabetes will be explored.
- Identity the biologic basis of the relationship between periodontitis and diabetes
- Evaluate how data relates to the mechanism of action of the periodontitis/diabetes interaction
- Explain the relationship between obesity, inflammation and Type 2 diabetes, how it impacts you patient’s response to treatment, and whether you can do anything about it.
Keynote Session: Building Trust with Patients and Your Practice in Today’s Skeptical World
Keynote Speaker: Rohit Bhargava
Description: We are living in the midst of a modern believability crisis that is affecting every organization in every industry. This presentation will share what it takes for organizations and leaders to gain trust in a skeptical world. Ranging from teaching the power of storytelling to better leveraging social media, this entertaining talk will reveal the five fundamental secrets of building trust – whether you are a leader trying to inspire a team, building a customer service oriented organization, changing the way you tell your brand story or driving more brand loyalty.
- Adopt five fundamental secrets of building trust with patients and your practice
- Identify what it really takes to stand out as real, human, and trusted in an untrusting world
Thanks to SUNSTAR Foundation for sponsoring the Opening General Session.